District Board of Education
President: Todd A. Groves • Clerk: Randall Enos • Members: Madeline Kronenberg, Liz Block, Val Cuevas
1108 Bissell Avenue, Richmond, CA 94801
• Bruce Harter, Superintendent of Schools
• Wendell Greer, Associate Superintendent, Secondary Operations
• Nia Rashidchi, Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services
• Sheri Gamba, Associate Superintendent, Business Services
• Bill Fay, Associate Superintendent, Operations Division
• Ken Whittemore, Associate Superintendent, Human Resources
Message from the Superintendent
QUESTION: What’s a service that’s free or very low cost, gives the opportunity to improve our lives, and is located close to home?
THE ANSWER: Adult Education in the West Contra Costa Unified School District. Whether it's adult basic education, job related courses or personal enrichment, our Adult Education program has it all. The teachers and staff are second to none in knowledge, skill and customer service. Everyone in this program is proud to assist community members who take our classes and programs. The program is set up so that busy people can take advantage of the classes we offer. This program is so good that it's been recognized as one of the best in the state and the nation.
I invite you to try us out. If you take just one course, I'm confident you'll be back for others. Nearly all our students take more than one course. Once they've joined us, our students see how helpful our Adult School can be and join thousands of others in lifelong learning.
Bruce Harter, Superintendent